Driving Future Mobility
The automotive industry is in the midst of radical change. Disruptive technologies such as autonomous driving, connected cars, electromobility and new mobility concepts, for example car sharing and ride hailing, all create new challenges for our developers and designers.
BASF provides paint systems with higher transparency for radar waves in order to increase the accuracy and transmission of radar signals and higher reflectivity for LiDAR sensors without affecting the look. Both are crucial for advanced driver assistance systems and – in the future – autonomous driving.
BASF’s Raylution™ basecoats and primers are based on a deep understanding of coating effects on sensor performance
- Raylution™ basecoats and primers adapt to meet the specific requirements of each customer, including bumper substrate or coatings
- RaylutionTM basecoat system promotes maximum radar transmission and minimum radar reflection
- Raylution™ basecoats and primers increase lidar reflectance of dark colors at 905 nm and 1550 nm
- Near infrared (NIR) transparent basecoats in combination with a NIR reflecting primer layer or NIR scattering pigments in the basecoat layer reflect LiDAR beams
- OEMs can keep the complete spectrum in a wide range of colors in their exterior program – including dark colors
With our OxsilanOxsilan® Thin-FilmTechnology and our CathoGuard® e-coats we protect multi-metal car bodies, battery boxes and charging piles against corrosion.